ROTORUA WONDERLAND & WAITOMO CAVES
One day tour from Auckland to the geothermal wonderland of Rotorua and the beautiful Waitomo Glowworm caves. On this tour you will be picked up from the hotel in our comfortable 12 seater mini-buses and driven through the stunning Waikato countryside on a fully guided journey to Waitomo caves. During the journey to Waitomo you will encounter New Zealand's longest river, beautiful mountains and a number of different farm animals along the way. Once in Waitomo you will explore the ancient and amazing caves seeing many different cave formations including Stalactites, Stalagmites and lime Columns before descending even further underground for your Glowworm experience. Board your glowworm boat for a cruise on the grotto river with thousands of glowworms which are unique for New Zealand for over 120 years above your head. Waitomo Glowworm caves are a must see for any traveller.
We will continue our adventure with another fully guided journey south to Rotorua with of course many more attractions to see along the way, including hydro-dams, rivers and lots more animals. Once in Rotorua we will guide you past many of it's famous and historical sites including Lake Rotorua, The Government Gardens, Blues Baths, Thermal Springs and Polynesian Spa. From here we head to one of the most famous attractions in New Zealand, Te Puia Gerothermal Park. Once inside the park we stop for lunch and we highly recommend trying the traditional Maori Hangi.
After lunch we set off for a fully guided tour around this amazing park to see it's geothermal and cultural wonders. You will see Pōhutu Geyser, Maori Architecture, Maori craft schools, geothermal caters, geothermal vents and even the chance to view a kiwi bird in the kiwi viewing house.
Finally our guides will take you for some discounted souvenir shopping in town before heading back north on a fully guided drive back to Auckland.
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- Beautiful scenic drive through the New Zealand countryside
- Professionally guided tour about New Zealand and the culture.
- Movie or entertainment during drive
- Entry ticket and guided tour of Geothermal park including Pōhutu geysyr erruption experience, kiwi bird viewing, Māori architecture, Māori arts & crafts.
- Entry ticket and guided tour of Waitomo caves including a Glowworm Grotto boat ride
- Multiple stops to purchase food, buy souvenirs or take photos
- Guided tour back to the Hotel
- Free WiFi on Transport
- Upgrade to include Māori culture show for extra $25
- Pick up: 6am
- Drop off: 6pm depending on traffic
- 12 - 13 hour tour
- Cash NZ Dollar
- Debit card
- Credit card
- US Dollars
Price is per person and based on a minimum of 4 people per tour.
Discounts for larger groups or surcharges for smaller groups may apply contact us for more information.
If you want to go on a tour in less than 12 hours please call or message us.